HOW TO JOIN VNA
Membership in Vikings North America (VNA) is open to anyone. However, our safety regulations prohibit anyone under 18 years of age from participating in combat displays. Membership forms for children under 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
The annual membership fee is due in January each year. VNA accepts membership from anywhere in the United States. If you have unanswered questions about joining Vikings North America, contact our Membership Officer, via email.
Alternatively, the Groups Directory will point you in the direction of a local contact who can provide more information and an introduction to what we do.
Membership levels are as follows:
- Adult membership: Full membership for adults over 18 years of age, $20.00
- Junior membership: for teenagers 13-18 years of age, $10.00
- Child membership: for children 12 and younger, $5.00
- Temporary membership: 1-event membership, $10.00
Membership benefits include:
- A VNA membership card.
- The VNA newsletter–The Saga–delivered in hard copy by real mail to keep members informed of events, resources, and society business
- Access to the VikingsNA discussion group and any other applicable Vikings North America egroups
- Coverage under a group liability insurance policy for VNA-sponsored events
- The opportunity to be recognized via our awards system.
As of January 2007, any group applying for membership into The Vikings North America must have at least 4 paid members in the group. For prospective members who are not within easy reach of other groups or who are still in the process of organizing a group, we accept “provincial” membership. On the membership form, enter “provincial” as the group name.
Applying for Membership
We have implemented a payment gateway using this web site. This should offer greater convenience for all. However, if you are more comfortable with the traditional payment methods (mailing a check) see below.
1-year Adult membership
1-year Junior (13-18) membership
1-year Youth (12 and under) membership
To pay with a check, follow these steps:
- Download the VNA_Membership_Form (click for document) and it will either open automatically or you may have to open it manually. Don’t forget to save it to a place you can locate on your computer. If you like, you may fill out an online form by CLICKING HERE. Fill out the form for each individual joining VNA. You may also download a PDF document.
- To use the membership form, open it in Microsoft word or any other word processor. Highlight (select) each line where an entry needs to be made and begin typing. Once you’ve finished all the areas that can be typed, save the doc to your computer (make sure you know where it was saved to…select your desktop as an easy place to find it). Once you’ve saved it, you can attach it to an email addressed to the Membership Officer at email@example.com. You can also attach a picture of yourself for the membership card (a .jpg file works best).
- Pay the membership dues noted above by writing a personal check or money order. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Vikings of North America.
- If you are paying or filing membership forms by mail, please use the address below.
- If you have multiple members joining or paying another years’ dues at the same time, you may send the paperwork in as a group instead of one at a time.
609 NW 17th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73103